(Xôi Gà) - Steamed Sticky Rice with Chicken. Sticky rice is cooked and brings to serve with steamed shredded chicken, deep fried shallot, Vietnamese herb mint and chili sauce. It is not difficult for cooking but required too much time for many small processes.
- 600g chicken
- ½ onion
- 2 bowls sticky rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron flour
- Salt, magi’s stuff, shallot, pepper
- Vietnamese herb mint, chili sauce, spring onion.
- Clean well sticky rice in 2 – 3 times. Mix 1 teaspoon saffron flour, 1 teaspoon salt with cold water and soak sticky rice into this mixture through 1 night (make sure water will cover to rice’s face).
- Clean well chicken with water added a little salt. Put chicken into pot; add more 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon Magi’s stuff, boil until it is cooked (make sure water will cover all faces of chicken).
- After soak sticky rice through 1 night, bring to cook with boiled chicken water in step 2. By getting have a delicious sticky rice, you should mix it with this proportion 2 parts of sticky rice : 1 part of boiled chicken water.
- When cooking, sometimes use wood chopsticks to stir it well. Add more a little salt when cooking.
- Peel off the cover of onion, slice thinly. Soak it into cold water about 5 minutes, wait to get dry.
- Clean well spring onion, slice into short pieces, soak into hot water and wait to get dry. Or you can fry them with oil for getting have more delicious flavor. Peel off the cover of shallot, slice thinly and bring to fry with oil until it is fragrant. You should keep the oil to pour on face of sticky rice when serving.
- Clean well Vietnamese herb mint, slice small. With boiled chicken, after wait to reduce heat, use hands to tear it until small pieces.
- Mix onion, stirred chicken, Vietnamese herb mint together, add more salt, pepper and season again to suit your flavor.
- Finally, you already finished Steamed Sticky Rice with Chicken. When serving, scoop into small bowl or plate, add more mixture stirred chicken on face of food, pour more mixture oil and shallot, fried spring onion and finally is chili sauce before eating.