(Xôi Lạc) - Steamed Sticky Rice with Peanuts is a wonderful choice for a breakfast as people used to say “the more one chews groundnuts, the more buttery taste they have”.
It is the peanuts that make this dish become one of our delicious Vietnamese Dish Recipes.
- Sticky rice: 2 bowls
- Peanuts: 100g (with raw shells, If you use dried peanuts, then remember to cook it thoroughly)
- Salt: 2 coffee spoons
- Sugar: 1 coffee spoon (if you like it to be sweet)
- Soak the sticky rice in cold water overnight; remember to add 1 coffee spoon of salt.
- Add the peanuts into the stove and cook it, pour water until the water level is over the peanuts. When it is cooked, add 1 coffee spoon of salt, remove the hard shells of the peanuts.
- The next day, you pour the sticky rice out and let it dry. Mix the peanuts with the sticky rice.
- We are now almost finish one of our Vietnamese Cuisine. Pour the sticky rice to the steamer, use the chopsticks to stir it sometimes. If you like it to be sweet, you can add 1 coffee spoon of sugar and mix them all up.
- If you want to add something more to the dish, you can roast some peanuts & sesame, mince it and sprinkle it on the sticky rice.
- Now, Steamed Sticky Rice with Peanuts is ready to be served but remember it is best serve when it is still hot.