(Xôi Đậu Đỏ) - Steamed Sticky Rice with Red Beans is one of traditional Vietnamese Dessert Recipes cannot miss on first day of Lunar New Year.
Steamed Sticky Rice with Red Beans will bring many luck and happiness for all members in family. You also can make this dessert for breakfast and your kids can bring them to school. They also can eat like lunch if they want.
- 2 bowls sticky rice
- ½ bowl red bean
- Salt, sugar
- Sliced coconut meat
- Roasted sesame, minced and add more salt and sugar.
- Pick away some bad beans. Soak red beans in cold water added a little salt. Wait for 1 night.
- Soak sticky rice in cold water added a little salt and wait for 1 night.
- Next day, clean red bean again. Then, bring to boil (make sure water can cover all beans). Cook until it is soft. Pour on basket and wait to dry. Next, mix red bean with sticky rice together.
- Bring mixture in step 3 to steam. Sometime, use wood chopsticks to stir well and sprinkle sugar into mixture. Season to suit your flavor. Always use small heat to steam.
- Cook until it is soft all. Turn off the heat.
- Scoop into bowl, add more sliced coconut meat and sesame + salt on face. You should eat when Steamed Sticky Rice with Red Beans is hot.