(Sương Sa Hột Lựu) - Tapioca in Coconut Milk has a great combination between jackfruit, pandan jelly; basil and pomegranate seeds. Trust me; if you have a chance for tasting it, you will never forget its flavor.
- Making the pink pomegranate seeds: 7 – 8 water chestnut fruits, 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- Making the pandan jelly: 2 teaspoons jelly flour, 20g pandan leaves, ¼ bowl white sugar, 400ml water
- Making sugar syrup: palm sugar, 10g pandan leaves
- Making coconut syrup: 300ml coconut milk, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 9 – 10 jackfruit segments
- Basil seeds: 2 teaspoon dried
- Strawberry syrup, pink color food water
- Peel off the cover of water chestnut, clean and slice into small cubes. Wait to get dry. Next, pour them into clean bowl, add a little pink color food water to create color for this dessert. Then, add tapioca starch to cover outside of these cubes.
- Filter to weed out the tapioca starch which does not stick around water chestnut cubes.
- Boil water, and pour water chestnut into pot. Cook about 2 – 3 minutes and pour into basket, wash immediately in cold water and wait to get dry.
- Making pandan jelly: Clean pandan leaves, cut into short pieces and bring to grind well with a little water. Filter to get smooth pandan water. Next, add more jelly flour + 400ml water, stir well and wait about 15 minutes. Then, put on cooking stove, cook with small heat. You should not stop stirring when cooking in this step. Cook until sugar is melted, pour into clean bowl, wait to reduce heat and put in fridge.
- Making sugar syrup: Clean pandan leaves, roll firmly. Add palm sugar, water and cook until sugar is melted. Next, add pandan leaves into pot and cook with small heat in more 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Making coconut syrup: Pour coconut milk into pot, add more salt, sugar, tapioca starch and cook with small heat until this syrup becomes thick. Turn off the heat and pour into clean bowl.
- Clean basil seeds in few times; soak in water about 15 – 30 minutes. Pour into basket and wait to get dry.
- Separate jackfruit segments and their seeds, use your hands to tear small.
- Slice pandan jelly into small cubes. When serving, scoop a little pandan jelly cubes, pomegranate seeds in step 3, jackfruit and add more coconut syrup, sugar syrup, basil seeds on face of Tapioca in Coconut Milk.