(Canh Chua Chay) - Vegetarian Sour Soup comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine for me and family.
Nothing is better when you can enjoy with boiled rice in hot day like today. It is really fresh and tasty. A little sweet and sour from this soup will help you get a good appetite.
- 1 can of young tofu (200g)
- 1 slice pineapple (100 – 150g)
- 1 – 2 tomatoes
- 200g okra
- Some brands of Vietnamese mint stem (Dọc mùng)
½ tablespoon tamarind (which usually uses for cooking sour soup)
- Spring onion, parsley, sugar, salt
- Add tamarind into small bowl, add more hot water and mix until tamarind meat is melted. Filter to get smooth water from tamarind and weed out seeds. Clean and cut off the eyes of pineapple, slice small. Clean tomatoes and slice in 6 equal parts for each. Clean okra and slice shortly.
- Peel off the harsh cover of Vietnamese mint steam (Dọc mùng), slice shortly. Add more a little salt and press gently for few minutes, then clean well again.
- Clean young tofu, slice into circle shapes.
- Heat a little oil, add minced garlic and fry until it is fragrant. Next, add sliced tomatoes and fry until it is cooked (3 minutes). Then, add more sliced pineapple and season with a little salt + sugar.
- Add more 2 – 3 bowls of water; cook until it boils and add more tamarind water in step 1 into pot and continue to cook.
- Cook more 10 – 12 minutes. Then, add okra and cook more 5 minutes.
- Add Vietnamese mint stem, young tofu into pot as well, cook with small heat in 5 – 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat; sprinkle more sliced parsley, spring onion and pepper on face of dish.
- Serving when Vegetarian Sour Soup is hot with boiled rice and main vegetarian dishes is a good choice.