(Bún Bò Viên Và Gân Bò) - Vermicelli with Beef Balls and Tendon likes a song with many singers from pork bones, lemongrass and chili.
- 1kg beef bone (leg bone)
- 1 – 2 branches of ginger
- 1 – 2 onions
- 500gr beef balls (Bò Viên) – Buy at Vietnamese Markets
- 500gr beef tendon
- Scallion, coriander.
- 1 tablespoon annatto seeds oil
- Spices: salt, Maggi’s stuff, sugar, pepper, lemon juice
- Bean sprout, Vietnamese mint, basil, cleaned
- 1 – 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 2 – 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Garlic, vegetable oil.
- Cut beef balls in half. Soak into hot water about 2 – 3 minutes to clean it.
- Clean bone and tendon of beef carefully with water added a little salt in 2- 3 times. Next, soak into hot water about 2 -3 minutes to clean again.
- Peel off the cover of ginger and onion. Grill ginger and onion until they are fragrant. Add them with beef bone and tendon into big pot; pour water to flood them with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook until it boils. Sometime when cooking, use spoon to scoop away dirty bubble on face of broth to make it more clear and delicious.
- Clean scallion + coriander, slice small. Clean bean sprout + Vietnamese mint, wait to dry.
- Soak vermicelli into hot water about 5 minutes to clean it. Next, wash immediately through cold water to make sure they will not stick together.
- Put a pot on cooking stove, add 1 tablespoon annatto seeds oil, wait to hot, add more minced garlic + lemongrass + chili powder + 1 teaspoon fish sauce + a little sugar, fry about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour into bowl.
- In step 3, after cook about 1 hour, continue add 2 – 3 bowls water + mixture and season again to suit your flavor and cook more 30 minutes. Next, add more sliced beef balls into pot and continue cook about 10 – 15 minutes. Do not turn off the heat, using small heat to make sure your broth is not cold when serving.
- Finally, your dish is basically finished. Put a little vermicelli on bowl, add more sliced beef balls + tendon on face, scoop 2 – 3 tablespoons of broth. Sprinkle a little sliced scallion before eating.
- You can use Vermicelli with Beef Balls and Tendon with vegetables like bean sprout, basil, chili, Vietnamese mint and lemon juice.