(Gà nấu Ra-gu) - Vietnamese Chicken Ragout. The natural sweetness from chicken meat is cooked with carrots, potatoes and green peas will create a spectacular flavor for your meal. Moreover, you can use with bread instead of rice, it is still good.
Ingredients- chicken: 1 small (it depends on your members in family)
- carrots: 2 -3
- potatoes: 2
- green peas: ¼ bowl
- 1 small pack curry flour
- Fish sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, onion, spring onion
- Ketchup: 3 teaspoons
- Corn flour: 2 teaspoons
- Rice/bread (Optional)
Process- Slice chicken into medium pieces. Marinade with 1 teaspoon fish sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, curry flour and sliced spring onion. Wait about 2 to 3 hours.
- Sliced carrots and potatoes into medium pieces. Peel off the cover of onion and slice.
- Boil green peas about 5 minutes then pour into bowl.
- Stir 2 teaspoons corn flour with 3 tablespoons cold water.
- Fry sliced spring onion and minced garlic about 3 minutes and put chicken meat into pan. Fry until 2 faces get yellow color. This is an important step in cooking one of delicious Vietnamese Chicken recipes.
- Pour more cold water into pan, and cover tightly. Simmer about 20 to 25 minutes. Then, add more little fish sauce, salt, sugar and ketchup.
- After that, add more sliced carrots, potatoes and green peas into pan, cook in small heat (Really important). And taste it again to suit with your flavor.
- Final step of Chicken Ragout, one of amazing Vietnamese Chicken recipes is adding more sliced onion and pour the mixture of corn four into pan to make the soup water thickly. Turn off the heat; add little minced pepper on the face of dish.
- You can use Vietnamese Chicken Ragout with bread or boiled rice. It still can bring a spectacular flavor.