(Gỏi ngó sen tôm thịt) - Vietnamese Lotus Stem with Pork and Shrimps is one of best popular Vietnamese salad recipes.
This dish is really fresh and delicious in hot days.
- Lotus stems: 300gr
- Sliced carrots: 50gr
- Sugpo prawns: 200gr
- Half fat and half lean pork: 200gr
- Persicaria, dried onion, sliced chilies, fried peanuts.
- White vinegar, sugar and fish sauce.
- Cleave lotus stems in two and cut into pieces.
- Mix 100ml white vinegar with 200gr sugar. Then put lotus stems into it, soak one day before cooking in fridge.
- Next day, you fish lotus stems out water, wait to dry. Boil pork, and then slice it.
- Steam shrimps, peel off the cover and cleave them in two.
- Mix lotus stems, sliced carrot, persicaria, dried onion, fried peanuts, and sliced chilies with Vietnamese Dipping Fish Sauce (follow the link to make dipping sauce).
- Or you have another way to make dipping sauce: Boil 100ml fish sauce with 200gr sugar. When sugar melts all, wait to get cold, the dipping sauce will thick like honey. (Most Vietnamese Salad recipes usually use this dipping sauce to create an amazing dish).