(Mì Quảng) - Vietnamese Quang Noodle came from Quang Nam, Vietnam. However, today, you can find it easily any restaurand around Vietnam.
Vietnamese Quang Noodle can become the main dish for your family meals if you are ready to cook. It contains 4 main elements of one good meal: Protein, lipid, mineral and vitamins.
- Quang Noodle: 1kg (You can buy at any Vietnamese Market)
- Pig Bone: 0,5 kg
- Fresh Shrimp: ½ kg
- Half lean haft fat (pig meat): 1/2kg
- Roasted peanut (smashed small): 200gr
- Shallot, chili paste, cilantro, spring onion, bean sprout, vegetable.
- Dried Pancake (Banh Da) (Optional).
- Peel of the cover of shrimp, clean and marinate (salt, pepper, sugar and monosodium). Wait for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Slice haft lean halt fat pig meat and marinate it (as above). Wait for 30 – 60 minutes.
- This is the main step to create one of amazing Vietnamese Noodle Recipe: Making broth. Boil pig bone with 1 liter water about 2 hours. When it boils, pick the dirty foam on the face of broth. Next, add a little salt and cook more 30 minutes.
- Use pan, pour a little oil, fry sliced shallot and 1 teaspoon chili paste (it depends on your flavor), next, add more shrimp into pan, fry until it turn pink, turn off the heat. (Medium heat).
- Do the same process like step 4, instead of using shrimp, you use half lean half fat pig meat to fry.
- Boil water, and add Quang Noodle into pot, wait about 3 – 5 minutes and pour it out. And soak in cold water in 3 minutes.
- Pour shrimp and pig meat into broth, cook about 5 minutes or wait to boil, season again to suit with your flavor.
- Put bean sprout, vegetable in the bottom of bowl. Then, add Quang Noodle on. Scoop broth into bowl. With this dish, you do not use much broth like Pho or other noodle soup. Just one scoop is perfect. Next, add sliced cilantro, roasted peanut, spring onion on the face of dish and enjoy.
Eating with dried pancake (Banh Da) is perfect in rainy days.