(Mì Quảng Thịt Ếch) - Vietnamese Quảng Noodles with Frog Meat Recipe. We used cooking with pork chop or shrimp.
However, today I choose frog meat to process this dish. When you are bored with something old, here is the great time to change with this one.
- 800g frog meat
- 1kg Quảng noodles (buy at Aisian/Vietnamese markets)
- 4 teaspoons salt, 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomato, 2 red chilies, 50g fresh saffron, ¼ pineapple
- 10 – 20g pearl onions (củ nén – hành tăm) – one popular spice of Huế people
- Vegetables: salad, banana flower, young cabbage, green chilies, lime
- Roasted peanut, spring onion, grilled rice pancake (bánh đa)
- Clean well frog meat, slice into medium pieces. Marinate with minced lemongrass, shallot, garlic, saffron, fish sauce, sugar and wait in 30 – 45 minutes. Peel off the cover of pineapple, slice into small pieces. Clean and slice tomato into 6 equal parts along.
- Heat the oil, add smash pearl onion and fry quickly in 30 – 45 seconds. Next, add frog meat in step 1 into pot, braise in 15 – 20 minutes. Then add more pineapple and tomato and fry together.
- Fry with small heat to make sure all ingredients can absorb spices. And pour more water (4 – 5 bowls). Cook until it boils. Season to suit your flavor, turn off the heat and add more sliced spring onion on top.
- Boil water, add quảng noodles and clean quickly. Soak in cold water immediately to make sure they will not stuck together, then add a little olive oil and mix well.
- Add quảng noodle on bowl; pour a little broth on top with some sliced frog meat and tomatoes. Then add more roasted peanut, grilled rice pancake, sliced spring onion and vegetables. The natural sweetness from frog meat is combined with the sourness from pineapple, tomato and other stuffs will create fantastic song in your mouth.
- Vietnamese Quảng Noodles with Frog Meat Recipe will bring an amazing flavor for anyone who has a chance to taste it.