(Bò Kho) - Stewed Beef originally comes from many stunning Vietnamese Cuisine. We usually serve this dish with bread (bánh mì) or steamed rice or even rice noodles.
- 1kg beef (cleaned and slice into medium square cubes – 3cm)
- 300g carrot, peeled and sliced into small circle shapes (1.5cm thickness)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 bowl water
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into small cubes
- Spices: salt, magi’s stuff, sugar, fish sauce, pepper, 1 brand lemongrass (cleaned and smashed), 5 flavors starch, annatto seed flour, 2 – 3g grilled star anise.
- Minced garlic, sliced ginger, minced shallot
- Add all sliced beef cubes into pot. Marinate (for 1kg meat) with 2 teaspoons salt + ½ teaspoon Magi’s stuff + 1 tablespoon minced garlic, sliced ginger, minced shallot + smashed lemongrass + 1 teaspoon fish sauce + ½ teaspoon pepper + 1 teaspoon sugar, wait for 20 – 30 minutes and then continue to marinate with 15gr 5 flavors starch + 5g annatto seed flour + 2-3g grilled star anise. Mix well and wait more 30 minutes.
-: Mix 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or corn starch with 1 bowl water.
- Put pot (added spices in step 1) on cooking stove, add more 1 tablespoon oil and fry with small heat until meat is shrunk and add a little hot water into. (Make sure you will stop pouring when water reaches the top of meat) and stew with small heat.
- Stew until all meat is soft, add more sliced carrot + onion and continue stewing until carrot is soft as well.
- Pour slowly mixture tapioca starch into pot, use chopsticks or spoon to stir well and gently until its broth is thicker. Season again to suit your flavor.
- Eating when Vietnamese Stewed Beef is hot with bread or steamed rice or even rice noodles as I told above is all delicious.